Wait, I’m over here struggling to fit comfortably in my pre-pregnancy jeans 18 months postpartum with my one and only child; and this celebrity mama is in a bikini after baby number 3!
“All women’s body is different, every one can do it, just get a postpartum belly band”….blah blah blah.
Fact is, motherhood changes your life. Your time and Your needs are usually on the back burner while Your wants are thrown out the window, more like in the trash, then the trash gets taken away forever. Okay, maybe I am being dramatic lol!
Seriously though, it is difficult finding yourself as a woman after becoming a mother. Alone time is limited and you await your kid’s bedtime to have a long bath in peace.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my baby to the moon and back! But can I have a minute? or 5? or 2 hours to go to the gym three times week?
Taking time for yourself may even feel selfish.
How many times have you heard this? Plus I definitely leave home without looking in the mirror more times than I should. There is a constant battle between wanting to remain chubby and getting your ‘snapback’.
A word for you fellow mamas out there, this stage will not last forever even though it sure feels like it. In the meanwhile, do things to improve yourself that takes minimum effort and time. Simple things to make your life easier and a bit healthier include the following:
- Change your diet– you can start with snacks. I love to snack so I switched the cupcakes and banana bread for mixed granola packs….some even come with yogurt and chocolate bits!
- Plan your meals ahead– if you fail to prepare your own meals, chances are you will purchase something very yummy and unhealthy for lunch. I try to carry lunch to work at least 3-4 times a week; even if it’s the same thing!
- Create a schedule– listen, kids will stay up all night if you let them be. For your sanity, set their bath, dinner and bedtime so that you have a moment to unwind on afternoons This give you time to workout if you choose to.
- Don’t pressure yourself due to your lifestyle, it may not be an option to visit the gym multiple times per week, that’s okay pull up Pinterest and do a home workout.
- Choose water– drink it, a lot of it. If you’re not a fan of the plain taste , try fruit infused water.
In the midst of it all, enjoy the moment. With a happy toddler who drives me crazy and melts my heart at the same time, I will not change anything for the world.
P.S. I’m over here working on my snapback!